GLUTEN FREE BUCKWHEAT LOAD
1x7g sachet of dried yeast
4tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
250g buckwheat flour
100g almond flour
50g ground flaxseed
375ml lukewarm water
100g mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, chia, poppy, sesame – you do not have to use all of them)
4 large free-range eggs
Good pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 190C. Line a 1.5 litre loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Fill a jug with 375ml of lukewarm water, add the yeast and oil, then mix with a fork until combined and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
3. Pile the flour, ground almonds and all the seeds into a large bowl with a pinch of sea salt and make a well in the middle.
4. Crack in the eggs and beat together then pour in the yeast mixture.
5. Whisking as you go, bring in the flour from the outside until combined: it will be more like a batter than a dough.
6. Pour into the prepared tin and smooth out nice and evenly on top.
7. Now you have two choices: bake it straight away and it will puff up a bit more and taste fantastic or cover and place it in the fridge overnight and allow more complex sour flavours to develop. Both are brilliant, just different.
8. To bake, place in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes, or until golden, cooked through and an inserted skewer comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for at least 20 minutes before eating and then serve.
Keeps in the airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.