TERIYAKI SALMON BOWL
2 salmon fillets (preferably wild)
2 tbsp tamari (soy sauce)
2 tbsp mirin (rice vinegar)
2 tbsp sherry
1 tsp honey
1 ½tsp water
1 tsp corn flour
180g cooked quinoa
60g fresh spinach
½ avocado, sliced
40g edamame, shelled
1 carrot, grated
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 sheet Nori (or roasted seaweed snack) cut into thin slices
1 spring onion, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Prepare a baking sheet with foil.
3. In a small pan, combine tamari, mirin, sherry and honey and heat gently over a low-medium heat. 4. While mixture is heating, whisk together in a separate small bowl corn flour and water. Add flour mixture to tamari mixture and bring to boil. Reduce heat and stir until teriyaki reaches desired consistency (about 2-3 mins).
5. Place salmon fillets (skin side down) on prepared baking sheet, brush with teriyaki sauce. Reserve any unused teriyaki sauce. Place salmon in oven and cook for approx. 12-15 mins until pink.
6. Whilst salmon is cooking, heat a large pan, drizzle a small amount of water and cook spinach until it wilts, season with salt and pepper.
7. Remove salmon skin and discard.
8. To assemble, divide cooked quinoa between bowls. Top with almonds, spinach, carrot, edamame, avocado, sesame seeds, onions and Nori strips. Drizzle remaining teriyaki sauce over bowls