1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1 red pepper, diced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
300g butternut squash, peeled and cubed 1 tsp chilli powder, 1tsp ground cumin
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 veg stock cube
400g can mixed beans, rinsed
400g green lentils, rinsed
Salt + pepper to taste
Bunch chopped coriander and diced avocado to serve (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, gently sauté the onion, chilli pepper, red pepper and garlic in the olive oil.
2. Add the butternut squash and mix in the chilli powder and cumin.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, then add the beans and lentils, followed by 200ml water and the stock cube.
4. Leave to simmer for about 15 mins, or until the squash is tender.
5. Sprinkle with fresh coriander
Serve with sliced avocado, rice or quinoa.