Pea & Spinach Soup
PEA & SPINACH SOUP
1 tbsp olive oil
3 shallots or 1 onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, sliced
Salt and pepper
1 litre of vegetable bouillon stock
300g spinach, roughly chopped
1⁄2 tbsp ginger, crushed
1 garlic clove, crushed
Handful of mint leaves
Handful of basil leaves
1. Cook the quinoa, drain and set aside.
2. Add olive oil to a frying pan.
3. Add the onion or shallots and celery.
4. Salt and pepper lightly, then toss and stir for 5 minutes, until the onions are transparent. Pour in the vegetable bouillon stock and bring to the boil.
5. Add the peas, spinach, ginger, garlic and cooked quinoa and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat before adding the mint and basil.
6. Blend to a smooth consistency or leave some texture if you prefer.