ALMOND & APRICOT ENERGY BARS
Makes 16 bars
olive oil, for greasing
100g mixed seeds
250g rolled oats
8 Medjool dates
100g dried apricots
20ml maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
4 tbsp smooth almond butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm baking tin.
2. Chop the almonds, then scatter over a baking sheet with mixed seeds and oats, and roast for 20 mins, turning a few times.
3. De-stone and roughly chop the dates and apricots.
4. Place maple syrup, almond butter, dates, coconut oil and 150ml of water in a saucepan and gently heat for 10 mins, mashing the dates with the back of your spoon until you have a sticky sauce.
5. Tip the oats, seeds, almonds and apricots into a bowl and pour over the sauce. Coat everything in the sticky sauce.
6. Pour the mixture onto the baking tin, using a back of a spoon to press into an even layer.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 mins, or until golden, then cut into portions.