BANANA PECAN BREAD
This high-protein, grain-free bread makes one delicious breakfast option. You’ll need a food processor or blender to grind the pecan nuts to form a flour-like consistency. The bread is best served warm or toasted, spread with a little coconut oil or nut butter.
300g / 3 cups pecans
1⁄2tsp cream of tartar
1⁄2tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
4 free-range eggs
1 large ripe banana
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
1. Place the pecan nuts in a grinder or blender and process to form a fine meal.
2. Place in a bowl with the other dry ingredients
3. Place the eggs, banana, oil and maple syrup in a blender and process until smooth.
4. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5. Spoon into a lined loaf pan.
6. Bake at 180C for 40—45 minutes until firm to the touch.
7. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning out.