BUTTERNUT SQUASH FALAFEL
Serves 2 Ingredients 600g butternut squash, cut into 2cm pieces 11⁄2 tbsp olive or coconut oil 1 red onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 11⁄2 tsp ground cumin 11⁄2 tsp ground coriander 1⁄2 tsp cayenne pepper 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed 3 tbsp coriander leaves, roughly chopped 3 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped Method Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C 1. Toss the butternut squash with 1tbsp olive oil, season, then place on a baking sheet. Roast for about 30-40 mins or until the squash takes on a little colour and is soft and cooked through. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
2. Heat 1⁄2 tbsp oil in a small frying pan. Cook the red onion for 6-8 mins, then add the garlic and spices. Continue to cook for a further 2 mins. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
3. Place the drained chickpeas in a food processor and pulse until slightly broken up but still chunky.
4. Put the squash in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork, then add the chickpeas, red onion and herbs, season well and mix until everything is evenly combined.
5. Shape into 12 balls, then place on to a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper and place in the fridge for 20 mins until firm.
6. Transfer the falafels to a baking tray and bake for 15-20 mins until golden.
7. Serve with a generous leafy salad.