CHIA PORRIDGE WITH STEWED SUMMER BERRIES
CHIA SEEDS PORRIDGE WITH STEWED SUMMER BERRIES
For the porridge
· 2 tablespoons chia seeds
· 80 g desiccated coconut
· 450 ml dairy free milk of your choice
· 2 tablespoons ground almonds
· 11/2 teaspoons vanilla paste or extract
· Pinch of sea salt
· 2 teaspoons maca powder
For the stewed summer berries
· 200 g red currants (fresh or frozen)
· 200 g black currants (fresh or frozen)
· ½ teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
· 1-2 dates, stoned
First stew summer berries.
Put red and black currants into a saucepan and add 1 tablespoon of water.
Gently heat, stirring often, until the skins break down and they form a puree.
Remove from the heat. Put into a blender with the dates and vanilla paste and blitz to your desired consistency. Taste, if it is too tart for your taste, add few more dates.
Pour into an airtight glass jar and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Stir together all the ingredients for the porridge, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
Serve the next day, with spoonful of stewed summer berries and sprinkle of mixed seeds.