olive oil, for greasing
8 medium size eggs
50ml milk or milk substitute
2tbsp grated cheese of your choice (cheddar or other)
2 salad onions, finely sliced
2tbsp chopped chives
2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
1 tbsp chopped fresh dill, plus extra to serve
½ tsp paprika
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
100g hot smoked salmon flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Grease 12 muffin paper cups/cases and place them into a 12-hole muffin tin.
2. Meanwhile whisk the eggs until combined and fluffy. Beat in the milk and cheese, then add soda, salad onions, chopped herbs and paprika. Season well
3. Carefully divide half of the mixture between the greased muffin cases and layer with few flakes of salmon then the remaining egg mixture
4. Bake for 15-18 minutes until risen and firm to touch. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the muffins from the tin and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Sprinkle with more dill to serve, if liked