1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
4 boneless chicken breasts (skin removed)
50g fresh pineapple, chopped
1 tbsp tamari (soy sauce)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 cm piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
Juice and zest of one large orange
225g button mushrooms, washed and halved
2 bunches spring onions, trimmed and halved
100g broccoli, cut into small florets
1. Preheat the oven to 190˚C.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and pan fry the chicken for a couple of minutes, then transfer to oven-proof dish.
3. Mix together the tamari, garlic, ginger, and orange zest and juice and pour over the chicken. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and bake for 10 mins.
4. Add the mushrooms, pineapple, spring onions and broccoli florets, baste and replace in oven for a further 15 mins or until cooked through.
5. Serve with cauliflower rice or brown basmati rice
1 portion = 100g grams of riced cauliflower.
Take a head of cauliflower and remove the outer leaves. Quarter and then blitz in a blender for 10—20 secs – in batches – or you can grate it with a regular cheese grater.
Tip into a heatproof bowl, cover with cling film, then pierce and microwave for 7 mins on high – there is no need to add any water.
Adding a small handful of chopped spring onion, or seasoning with a little ground cumin (or toasted cumin seeds) adds a flavour twist.