GINGER NUT FLAPJACKS
150g rolled oats
50g dried unsweetened cranberries/ mulberries/ raisins
2 tsp baking powder
2cm fresh ginger
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
75g coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 160ᵒC.
2. Chop/ bash the hazelnuts and almonds. Place in a large bowl with the oats, dried fruit, baking powder, ground ginger and cinnamon.
3. Remove the skin from the fresh ginger and grate. Add to the large bowl. Mix together until well combined.
4. Remove the stone from the dates and roughly chop. Add to the bowl.
5. Gently heat the coconut oil and add the maple syrup. Mix well before adding to the large bowl. Mix everything together well.
6. Line a 20 x 20cm baking tin with baking paper. Scrape in the mixture. Press it into the edges.
7. Bake for 25-30 mins until golden brown around the edges.