GLUTEN FREE OATMEAL BREAD
425g GF rolled oats (not jumbo or pinhead)
3/4 tsp sea salt
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tbsp mixed seeds (optional)
1 egg (optional)
500g natural yogurt
This recipe works well without egg
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 6. Line the base of 900g loaf tin with baking parchment.
2. In a large bowl, mix the oats, salt, bread soda and mixed seeds
3. Whisk the eggs into the yogurt. Pour the yogurt and eggs into the dry ingredients and mix well. The dough is meant to be dry and sticky at this stage.
4. Scoop the dough into the tin and bake for 50 minutes.
5. Turn out the loaf of tin and bake for further 10 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Tip: if you are using a 500g pot of yogurt, you can measure the oats by filling the pot twice.