1 small onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2tbsp grated cheese of your choice (cheddar or other)
2 salad onions, finely sliced
200g podded fresh or frozen peas
4 large eggs
Extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Handful flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1. Put peas into a shallow frying pan with a little bit of water, cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Cook until peas is tender then add spinach, cover with a lid a let spinach to just wilt, it will take about 2-3 minutes.
2. Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, about 20cm in diameter and fry the onion for 10 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
3. Beat the eggs in a large bowl, season and add the eggs to the pan with onion and garlic
4. Add the peas and spinach mixture
5. Swirl the pan until mixture starts to set around the edges, then reduce the heat and cook over a low heat for 4-5 minutes, until it just starts to set, with the bottom and sides golden but the middle still quite loose.
6. Preheat grill to 240C
7. Put the pan with the mixture under the grill for 5-10 minutes or until tortilla is set and golden on the top
8. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately
Enjoy with some tomato salad, if liked