170g (dry weight) uncooked quinoa
3tsp olive oil, divided (plus extra for brushing, if using)
2 large eggs
1 ½ tsp garlic salt
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp baking powder
35g grated Parmesan or mozzarella cheese
1. Place the uncooked quinoa in a sieve and rinse under water for about a minute until the water runs clear. Shake off as much excess liquid as possible.
2. Add the rinsed quinoa and 2 tsp olive oil to a medium pan and cook on a medium heat for 6-7 mins to allow the excess moisture to evaporate and the quinoa to start to gently toast and develop a richer flavour.
3. Add the measured water to the toasted quinoa. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cover then cook the quinoa for about 15 min, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid and turn the heat to low. Cook for a further 5 more mins, stirring occasionally to evaporate the excess moisture.
4. Transfer the cooked quinoa to a large bowl and let it cool for at least 10 mins.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 220C.
6. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof/ baking paper and lightly brush with olive oil to prevent it sticking.
7. In a small bowl, add the eggs, 1 tsp olive oil, garlic salt, oregano, basil and baking powder. Whisk until well combined.
8. Add the cheese to the quinoa. Stir to combine then tip in the egg mixture. Stir until well combined.
9. Spread the quinoa dough into a thin, even layer (about 6-7mm) on the paper.
Bake for 18-20 mins until the edges begin to brown.
10. Remove from the oven and top with your favourite pizza toppings. Pop back into the oven for 5-10 mins until the cheese (if using) begins to melt.
Stand for 5 mins before slicing.