200g Romano peppers, cut into chunks
1 medium courgette, cut into chunks
2 red onions, cut into chunks
1 small fennel bulb, cut into chunks
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 red chilli
3 medium tomatoes
1 tbsp fennel seeds
2tbsp balsamic vinegar
2x250g cooked puy lentils
80g baby spinach
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. On a large baking tray toss the peppers, courgette, onions and fennel in 2 tbsp olive oil. Season
2. Add the garlic and chilli and roast for 20 minutes. Remove the garlic and chilli and set aside.
3. Cut the tomatoes into wedges and add to the tray, tossing everything together and cook fort 15-20 minutes more until soft and golden.
4. Meanwhile, heat a small frying pan and toast fennel seeds for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Tip into a small blender. Roughly chop the roasted chilli, discarding the stalk, and add to the blender with the garlic (squeezed out of their skins), remaining 4 tbsp olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
5. Whizz on a high speed until mostly smooth, season
6. Heat the lentils according to pack instructions: tip into a large bowl then stir in the dressing and roast veg. Add the spinach if serving warm, or leave to cool then stir in.