SWEET POTATO MISO STEW
1 large red onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 medium sweet potato
1 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
200g red lentils, washed and drained
1 heaped tbsp miso paste
1 tin butter beans, drained and rinsed
1. Finely chop the onion and garlic and, keeping the skin on, dice the sweet potato into small cubes.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic, along with some salt and pepper, until the onion is soft.
3. Add the lentils to the pan with the sweet potato and enough water to almost cover the contents of the pan (approximately 500ml). Bring to a simmer.
4. Add the miso paste and stir well until dissolved.
5. Continue to simmer until the sweet potato has softened and the lentils are soft and semi broken down. This should create a thick stew.
6. Add the butter beans and mix well.
7. Serve with some steamed kale/ cabbage/ collard greens and season to taste.