TORTILLA WRAP AND SWEETCORN DIP
Serves 4 as a snack
Extra virgin olive oil
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 jalapino chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
4 wholemeal tortilla wraps
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp ground cumin
195g can sweetcorn, drained
3 tbsp plain yogurt
Juice of 1 lime
1 medium tomato, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Heat 2tsp olive oil in a small pan, add ½ of the shallots and a pinch of salt, cook over low heat for 5 minutes until soft.
2. Add the garlic and ¾ of the chilli and cook for 3 minutes, then tip into a bowl to cool.
3. Meanwhile, brush the wraps all over with the olive oil and sprinkle over the cayenne, cumin and a pinch of salt. Layer the wraps on a chopping board and cut into triangles (making 4 layers of 12).
4. Spread out on 2 large baking trays (don’t worry if they overlap a bit) and cook for 7-8 minutes until golden and crisp.
5. Whizz the shallot mixture, sweetcorn, yogurt and lime juice in a blender until mostly smooth.
6. To serve, tip into a bowl, top with the tomato and remaining shallots and chilli.
7. Drizzle the triangles with extra olive oil and sprinkle with salt.