WARM BROAD BEANS, CHICORY AND PROSCIUTTO SALAD
150g fresh or frozen peas
150g fresh or frozen broad beans
1 lemon, zest and cut into wedges
Extra virgin olive oil
1 head chicory
2 tablespoons of chopped flat leaf parsley
60g cheese, cheddar, Comte, pecorino or similar, shaved or coarsely grated
90g prosciutto (choose one without nitrates)
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook beans and peas in a large pan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes until just tender.
2. Drain and remove the outer skin of the broad beans, if liked. Stir in the lemon zest and 1 tablespoon olive oil, season.
3. Heat your grill to 240C. Cut off the base of the chicory and separate the leaves. Place them on a baking tray with a splash of olive oil and put under the grill and cook for 4-6 minutes or until leaves charred in places.
4. Add parsley, cheese, chicory, peas and broad beans into a bowl and gently toss together.
5. Arrange on a large serving dish with the slices of prosciutto tangled in among the leaves and beans.
6. Serve immediately with the lemon wedges for squeezing over and an extra drizzle of olive oil.