120g quinoa, rinsed in cold water
10 cherry/ plum tomatoes, halved 1/3 cucumber, diced
1⁄2 avocado, diced
80g pomegranate seeds
50g pistachios or hazelnuts
2 tsp pumpkin seeds
100g smoked salmon
Extra virgin olive oil
Juice of half lemon
2 lemon wedges to serve
1. Rinse the quinoa, add it to a saucepan with the water and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Once cooked, turn off the heat but leave the lid on and allow the quinoa to sit for a further 5 minutes. Remove the lid and fluff with a fork. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3. While quinoa is cooling down,add the tomatoes and avocado to a medium-sized bowl along with the pomegranate and pistachios/ hazelnuts. Sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds.
4. Add the quinoa to the bowl and mix through. Add the spinach, olive oil, lemon juice and mix again.
5. Serve with smoked salmon and a wedge of lemon per person.